KDE Platform Workspace, and Applications 4.10.4 for openSUSE
By einar- Comments
These posts kind of sound like a broken record, right? ;) Anyway, since KDE has released new versions of Platform, Workspaces and Applications as part of the stable release cycle, thanks to the OBS we have packages available for openSUSE 12.2 and 12.3. The 4.10.4 update will also be released as an official update for 12.3 in due time.
Where you can get the packages? Two places, as usual:
- KDE:Distro:Factory in case you are interested in contributing to packaging for the next openSUSE release;
- KDE:Release:410 (openSUSE 12.3 or openSUSE 12.2) in case you just want to upgrade to the latest and greatest version
What to look forward to in this release? More than 50 bugs being fixed, including:
- CSS compliance fixes in KHTML
- Bug fixes in Gwenview (display after image rotation, duplicate entries in recent folders)
- Assorted fixes in KMail: polishing of external editor support, CalDAV fixes, UI adjustments…
For more you can always turn to the [full list of fixed bugs](https://bugs.kde.org/buglist.cgi?query_format=advanced&bug_status=RESOLVED&bug_status=VERIFIED&bug_status=CLOSED&bugidtype=include&chfieldfrom=2013-01-01&chfieldto=Now&chfield=cf_versionfixedin&chfieldvalue=4.10.4&order=Bug Number&list_id=675254).
As with any good broken record, some more repetition: report bugs in packaging to Novell’s Bugzilla, and bugs in the software directly to KDE.
Have fun with 4.10.4!