I’ve been migrating settings and files from the old router to the new one (check my brother’s blog to understand better what I’m talking about). I noticed the free space already dropped significantly, as you can see from this:


lb@hari:~$ df -h

Filesystem Size Used Avail Use% Mounted on

/dev/hda1 9,2G 859M 7,9G 10% /

tmpfs 43M 0 43M 0% /dev/shm tmpfs 43M 13M 30M 30%


/dev/hda6 83G 8,5G 70G 11% /home


Already 30 Gb gone… I wonder how much will be remaining after I move all the data.

I also managed to update the LDAP database with the old values and update authentication accordingly. In principle everything should work out of the box, but somehow I’m being skeptical… (and code tags aren’t shown properly in the blog, I wonder why)

Dialogue & Discussion