KDE has released its monthly update for the 4.10 release, and after a brief wait while the Open Build Service worked over the released tarballs, the openSUSE KDE team is pleased to announce the availability of the 4.10.2 release packages for openSUSE 12.2 and 12.3.
Despite being a minor release, more than 100 bugs were fixed, in particular there were many KDEPIM fixes touching both the low level stack and KMail/KAddressbook/Kontact. Some highlights on the fixed issues:
- Issues creating IMAP folders with KDEPIM (KDE bugs 291143, 292418, 305987)
- Issues with encrypted mails in KDEPIM (KDE bugs 301088, 313478)
- KMail not creating required folders at startup (KDE bug 303117)
- Crashes when using the semantic desktop framework (KDE bug 313478)
- Improvements to CalDAV support in KDEPIM
And this is just a small part of the complete list.
The KDE:Distro:Factory repository has also been updated. If you want to contribute and help KDE packaging in openSUSE, use the KDE:Distro:Factory version, otherwise stick to the KDE:Release:410.
The package manager may complain about needing a downgrade of the branding packages: it is harmless, as some packages were splitted and as such they report a lower version number. Just accept the downgrade in the branding packages and all will be well.